Welcome To Railtons
Following our temporary closure, we have now decided to go ahead with our 2020 Sales Calendar, but conforming with government guidelines – so there are restrictions.
With the new Covid restrictions coming in, alas we will have to have an empty saleroom once again. But do not dismay! Remote bidding works very well – even for those not computer-technical enough to bid live.
- You can leave bids on the website.
- You can physically leave us one of our famous green forms with your bids.
- You can bid on the telephone (if estimated over £100).
- You can bid live via UK Auctioneers.
- You can leave a bid with our porters or the scary Miss Chapman in the office and they will execute them for you.
- You can bid live via thesaleroom.com.com.
To comply with national lockdown regulations, we have to close from 6pm on Wednesday 4th November. However if you want to see things physically before then, you can come and see them by appointment. We must enforce the usual palava of social distancing, masks & sanitisation, etc., but if you want to view you must book an appointment. Ring 01668 283000 NOW. Remember – there can’t be any viewing after November 4th.
Covid restrictions are going to make collection of purchases more difficult. However we are going to be open on the Sunday after the sale from 10am-12noon by appointment, and we have the local firm Shunters, who will be delivering people’s items throughout the following week. We imagine we will also be sending out many more parcels than usual, so get in touch ASAP regarding getting your pieces to you.
From our site you can view current sales, past auctions and look at future inventories. As items are consigned, lot numbers are allocated and we swiftly upload descriptions & photographs, allowing you to view, browse and search sales at any time. The inventories are being added to daily, up until the sale closing date, which is usually about 10 days before an auction.
If you have any problems or queries please ring us on 01668 283000, or 0777 424 1111 or 01668 215323, at any time of day or night, and we will help. Or email queries by clicking here.
- Once you are registered (see box top right of screen) you can leave bids on any lot in any sale. If registered before, it is even simpler - you just need your password and you can bid away.
- You can search for specific items using the word search panel on each sale inventory.
- You can request a condition report on any catalogued lot, or further details, sizes, & delivery costs for any specific lot.
- You can view past sales to see what hammer prices things made.
- You can ask for a valuation on any items, either by sending us a photo, or by making an appointment for a valuer to attend your home.
- You can look at our Sales Calendar and find out when future auctions are taking place.
Our team will get the best prices for your treasures, give you advice on everything from single items to complete house clearances, provide written valuation reports for insurance, probate or tax purposes, advise on restoration, removals, buying or selling, and generally assist with any requirements you may have.