Welcome To Railtons
Following our temporary closure, we have now decided to go ahead with our 2020 Sales Calendar, but conforming with government guidelines – so there are restrictions.
VIEWING: If you want to view you need to book a slot/appointment as we are limiting the numbers into the saleroom at any one time. Also, although we are surgically cleaning as much as possible – please wear masks & gloves at all times.
AUCTION: If you want to attend you need to book a place, as again we are limiting numbers. (Please don’t bring the whole family for an outing, as you will be taking up valuable spaces that others would like!) Places at the auction are being allocated on a “first-come-first-served” basis, with certain flexibility for those attending for just one Lot, as opposed to those who want to attend for most of the day.
COLLECTIONS: Again, please book a time slot so that we can get your purchases ready and the collections can be contactless. And please collect as soon as you can after the auction.
From our site you can view current sales, past auctions and look at future inventories. As items are consigned, lot numbers are allocated and we swiftly upload descriptions & photographs, allowing you to view, browse and search sales at any time. The inventories are being added to daily, up until the sale closing date, which is usually about 10 days before an auction.
If you have any problems or queries please ring us on 01668 283000, or 0777 424 1111 or 01668 215323, at any time of day or night, and we will help. Or email queries by clicking here.
- Once you are registered (see box top right of screen) you can leave bids on any lot in any sale. If registered before, it is even simpler - you just need your password and you can bid away.
- You can search for specific items using the word search panel on each sale inventory.
- You can request a condition report on any catalogued lot, or further details, sizes, & delivery costs for any specific lot.
- You can view past sales to see what hammer prices things made.
- You can ask for a valuation on any items, either by sending us a photo, or by making an appointment for a valuer to attend your home.
- You can look at our Sales Calendar and find out when future auctions are taking place.
Our team will get the best prices for your treasures, give you advice on everything from single items to complete house clearances, provide written valuation reports for insurance, probate or tax purposes, advise on restoration, removals, buying or selling, and generally assist with any requirements you may have.